I can't believe we're half-way through the semester already!
This week our idioms are:
- give it a go
- give it a shot
- go to bat for someone
- fill me in
- cheer up!
- on the other hand
You can practice the other vocabulary we learned here.
And here are 5 tongue twisters: (Remember these are silly sayings that work on your pronunciation. They don't make any sense!)
1. Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?
2. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, Fuzzy
Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?
3. How many cookies could a good cook cook if a good cook could cook cookies? A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
4. How many cans can a cannibal nibble, if a cannibal can nibble cans? As many cans as a cannibal can nibble if a cannibal can nibble cans.
5. I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you.
6. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
Click here so you can hear me say them: https://soundcloud.com/alemany-teach/more-pronunciation-october-19